on: QUANTUM OPEN SYSTEMS
2003 - July 2004 , Pavia
This woorkshop has the purpose of gathering in Pavia the groups of Milano and Genova, with well
recognized expertise on Quantum Open Systems, to establish new collaborations with QUIT.
Susana Huelga from Hertfordshire and Viacheslav Belavkin from Nottingham will join the workshop.
Ludovico Lanz (Mi), Bassano Vacchini (Mi) Matteo Gregoratti (Mi), Alberto Barchielli (Mi)
Franco Fagnola (Tn), Veronica Umanita' (Tn), Gianni Cassinelli (Ge), Claudio Carmeli (Ge),
Alessandro Toigo (Ge), Raffaella Carbone (Pv), Susana Huelga (Hertfordshire), Viacheslav Belavkin
(Nottingham), Giacomo Mauro D'Ariano (Pv), Chiara Macchiavello (Pv), Massimiliano Sacchi (Pv),
Lorenzo Maccone (Pv), Paolo Perinotti (Pv), Francesco Buscemi (Pv), Giulio Chiribella (Pv), Michael
Keyl (Pv), Filippo Caruso (Pv)
- Monday October 25
- Chairman Giacomo Mauro D'Ariano
- 11.30 Franco Fagnola, "The asymptotic behaviour of master equations: a two-photon absorption and emission process"
- Chairman: Franco Fagnola
- 14.00 Alberto Barchielli, "Instruments and channels in quantum information theory''
- 15.00 Matteo Gregoratti, "On quantum error-correction by classical feedback in discrete time''
- 16.00 Raffaella Carbone, "Positive semigroups on M_2(C): optimal log-Sobolev inequality and hypercontractivity"
- 17.00 Discussion groups
- 19.30 Social dinner
- Twesday October 26
- Chairman: Gianni Cassinelli
- 09.30 Viacheslav Belavkin, "Quantum Causality and Eventum Mechanics
- 10.30 Susana Huelga, "Noise-assisted processes and quantum information theory"
- 11.30 Bassano Vacchini, "Decoherence in quantum mechanical systems''
- Chairman: Viacheslav Belavkin
- 14.00 Claudio Carmeli, "Covariant POVM: an overview and some recent results"
- 15.00 Ludovico Lanz, "Quantum mechanics as an essentially incomplete theory, to be completed
inside non equilibrium field theory"
- 16.00 Discussion groups